Friday, June 12, 2009

Art makes me happy

I've decided that blogging could be a good thing for me. Writing things down. I used to do this. So I think I'll start this out with how art makes me happy.

My sweet sister Helen introduced me to ATCs last November. I've been bitten by the bug! I am really enjoying doing these little bits of creativity. Was involved in a local art group until recently. Their loss. Long story short ... some people make no sense. As Doris Day would sing, "Que sera sera". I really enjoy trading online with the ATCsForAll artists.

I am kind of obsessive-compulsive when it comes to art supplies now. If it looks interesting, I get it. Haven't tried all the things yet, but I am ready to!

Went to ArtFest with Helen and met wonderful artists there. We were in "house 15" and what a fabulous group of women! I am in awe of the talent. Very inspiring. Lovely, funny, sweet ladies!

My Handsome Husband, Phillip, is a great artist on his own. He loves what I am doing and puts up with the "art mess" that is encroaching every room of the house. He has begun drawing again. I just love it. He is a goldsmith by trade and I am always amazed at his work.

When it gets right down to it ... I am truly blessed with love, family, friends, and .... art!

No comments:

Post a Comment