Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spring is in the air

Nuthatches, chickadees, rufus-sided Towhees, juncos, house sparrows all surrounded ~ and emptied ~ my little bird feeder. They have also finally discovered the feeder attached to the kitchen window. Previously the huge Flicker was the only one to feed there. So funny to watch this big bird squish itsself against the window to eat. Nothing like a close up of bird butt! LOL.

My hellebores are up and blooms getting ready to burst. The lupine is coming up. Bulbs are sprouting all over. Even the Mandarin Honeysuckle on the porch is budding out all along it's spindly branches.

We brought home some pansies and primroses the other day ... time to put some color in the pots outside the back door.

Think I'll pour a glass of wine and go paint some angels ... 5 down ... 195 to go! (I figure my portion is about 200) I have 9 backgrounds started and some collage fodder lined up... 100 canvases on order, and some 50% coupons in my purse.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of canvases! I would love to do this, but just can't commit to it right now. Keep on keeping on! :)

    ReplyDelete